Get funding for community projects in West London through the ChangeX Community Challenge
Local residents of Ealing and West London are encouraged to apply for funds to support community-led projects. Dublin-based nonprofit ChangeX and Microsoft have launched the West London Community Challenge, offering everything you need to launch a successful project. You can choose from a curated portfolio of proven ideas that have had a positive impact in other communities around the world or apply with your own project idea.
Visit the ChangeX West London Community Challenge Ideas page to select a 30-day challenge project and access all the resources you need to get started—a step-by-step guide and, depending on the project, a project kit, online training, an onboarding call, and other materials or supplies.
Examples of projects:
The ChangeX project platform features a range of projects that promote community well-being and sustainability:
- Earth Cubs Plogging Clubs—bringing environmental education to local schools.
- STEM Leaders Program—encouraging youth 14–16 years old to learn and mentor their peers in STEM activities.
- FIRST LEGO League—leading hands-on STEM programs for schoolchildren ages 4–16.
- Tiny Forest Tree Keepers—engaging the community to plant and maintain trees in their neighborhood.
- Freshwater Watch—empowering citizen scientists to understand and protect local freshwater sources.
- Open Orchard—mobilizing the community to plant fruit trees and provide free fruit to local residents.
How to apply for the ChangeX West London Community Challenge:
- Visit the ChangeX site and apply for the challenge today to lead a ChangeX community project in West London.
- From the application date, you will have 30 days to form a small team and develop an action plan with the help of ChangeX’s support team and resources.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you will be eligible for seed funding to launch your project, and additional funding three months later following an impact survey. Funding is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
About ChangeX and Microsoft partnership:
ChangeX has supported tens of thousands of community projects worldwide since 2015. For the past few years, the Microsoft Datacenter Community Affairs team has partnered with ChangeX to launch Community Challenges in datacenter communities across the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, and the United States. Learn more about the ChangeX Community Challenge model at local.microsoft.com.